tegaki 0.1 is ready for ubuntu 8.10 in my ppa. (need more refinement before submit it to the Debian/Ubuntu official repos)
tegaki provide a handwriting input method for scim, support japanese and simplified chinese.
- add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/lidaobing/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
- run "sudo apt-get update"
- run "sudo apt-get install scim-tegaki"
- if you want to recognize Simplified Chinese, run "sudo apt-get install tegaki-zinnia-simplified-chinese"
- if you want to recognize Japanese, run "sudo apt-get install tegaki-zinnia-japanese"